Even though it’s been less than 2 weeks, I’m starting to become a little anxious about the Art Librarian job. I know I have to keep things in perspective and recognize that the job may not materialize, for a variety of reasons. Regardless of this rational view, I know it will be a blow if I don’t get it. I’ll definitely be asking myself what went wrong (which can be a positive exercise, I suppose).

In the meantime, I was quite surprised today to get a follow-up email about a job I interviewed for some time ago and had pretty much written off. I was actually a bit miffed that they had never even sent me a generic rejection letter. The email asked if I was still looking for a position and if I would like to come in for another “meeting” with the director to discuss my resume further. I’m not even sure what that means. Is it a second interview or what? A potential job offer? It was just worded so vaguely. I don’t really know how to respond. If I don’t get the museum job, this job would be a good opportunity. The timing is pretty bad, though. What if it’s a couple more weeks before I know the status of the museum job? I can’t tell the other library to just wait for me for a couple weeks. I also don’t want to mislead them about my level of interest at this point if I end up accepting another offer. It feels bizarrely like a sticky dating situation. Jeesh.

Advertisements